It’s a mind-shift.
Many writers think longer is better.
They keep pumping out long form content, even though they know it takes its toll on writers.
Most online writers are side hustlers…
- they have only a limited time frame (in the evening)
- they get burned out after a while because writing long stories takes time
Do you know what separates the amateurs from the pros online?
Amateurs follow the rules of the online writing game.
Pros challenge the rules.
They dare to do things differently.
- YouTube Shorts
- TikTok videos
- Instagram Reels
have in common?
These new formats make consuming content as easy as slurping noodles:
Short form content has its place.
It got so many votes all to itself.
- Its popularity has experienced a massive upsurge.
- It’s a great dopamine kick.
- It makes writing fun.
Start creating shorties in addition to your long form stories.
But, hey, you don’t need to hear it from me…
hear it from my student Candice Zakariya.
She made a crazy 5-day sprint:
- 20 short form posts in 5 days
Wanna know more about WOW-testimonial Candice?
She took the leap of faith, quit a job she hated and that made her sick, and earned her first $5 in her first month on Medium!
As Candice says in her article:
The more I write, the more I want to write!
That’s much better than feeling burned out because you can’t finalize your long form stories, isn't it?
I can’t believe all that I accomplished!medium.com
Some call me the Queen of Shortform
Many writers on Medium call me the Medium Goddess and the Master of Short Form Writing.
Here are some examples:
Ms. God demonstrates once again why she’s the Queen Of Shortform! Katemiya
You are the master. 😊 Debbra Lupien, Voice of the Akashic Records
Here are my HOT tips for you:
- Instead of writing one long form story write several shorties.
- Promote your long form stories with a short form teaser.
- If you’re multi-passionate be the chameleon you want to be and write about whatever you want in 150 words or less.
and do this insteadmedium.com
- Write about timely news hooks, for instance, Elon Musk and Twitter or Taylor Swift and her university degree —YES, short forms can go viral, baby!
Her example shows how powerful news is for your writing success.medium.com
Trust me. The results are only going to be positive!
If you sign up using this link, Medium Top Writer Kristina God will teach you how to make money on Medium and you’ll gain full access to Medium.👈
As a Medium member, a portion of your membership fee goes to writers you read, and you get full access to every story…kristinagod.medium.com
Surprise! I’m a new editor, will answer your emails and add you as a writermedium.com